Disaster Department was established on March 2nd 1991 due to the need for specialized department related to disasters affairs to follow up the increased interesting on disaster.
Disaster Department is considered to be a connection point between General Directorate of Jordan Civil Defence other governmental and non-governmental local, regional and international organizations on the field disasters.
Duties of Disaster Department:
- Preparing Studies and researches on natural and man made disasters, documenting this information and coordinating with Operations Department to overcome the expected disaster - in Jordan - in cooperation with related organizations.
- Providing the Supreme Council of Civil Defence with any developments on the field of disasters.
- Coordinate with all Public and Private local and International organizations regarding disaster prevention, mitigation and rehabilitation and reconstruction.
- Running drills by coordination with Operations Department and the participation of Civil Defence Committees.
- Recommending to the Director General of Civil Defence to ask the head of Supreme Council of Civil Defence for implementing the requirements needed to overcome disasters.
- Participating in preparing national plans related to RNBC hazards.
- Coordinating with Supreme Council of Civil Defence to select shelters place.
- Scheduling Training Programmes in cooperation with training department.
- Preparing and following up the bilateral agreements on the field of disaster preparedness cooperation.
- Coordinate with army and public security regarding the shared plans to overcome emergency cases and identifying the roles and responsibilities of each party.
Updating data is in Process